While addressing the media persons, on Indian Bank’s Reviewed Financial Results for the Quarter ended June 30, 2019 Ms. Padmaja Chunduru, Managing Director & CEO, said that the Board of Directors at their meeting held in Chennai on August 05th 2019 approved the Bank’s results for the Quarter. She has presented certain highlights of the financial results for the quarter as follows:
- Global Business: Rs.425793 Cr increased by 14%
- Global Deposits: Rs.241457 Cr increased by 15%
- Global Advances: Rs.184336 Cr increased by 12%
- Well diversified Loan Bank with RAM Sector constituting 60% (Rs.106763Cr)
- Robust growth in Retail increased by 24% & Agriculture sector increased by 25% with MSME growing by 10%
Operational efficiency (Y-o-Y):
- Total Income: Rs.5832 Cr increased by 14%
- Interest Income: Rs.5138 Cr increased by 9%
- Other Income: Rs.695 Cr increased by 58%
- Net interest income: Rs.1785 Cr decreased by 1%
- Domestic NIM: 2.85%
- Operating profit: Rs.1374 Cr increased by 6%
- Net profit: Rs. 365 Cr increased by 75%
- Gross NPA ratio: 7.33% Net NPA ratio: 3.84%
- Progressive reduction in accretion of fresh NPAs: Rs.1035 Cr as against Rs.1391 Cr in the year ago period.
- Slippage ratio 2.47% decreased by 136 bps and Credit cost 1.04% decreased by 12 bps YoY
- Healthy build up of PCR-66.34% increased by 196 bps YoY and increased by 62 bps (sequential quarter)
- CAR: 13.62% vis-à-vis 13.64% (June 18) and 13.21% (Mar 19). Of which: Total Tier I: 11.72% (CET 1: 11.40% + AT1: 0.32%) and Tier II 1.90%.
- Capital of Rs.295.48 Cr raised in May 2019 under Employees Stock Purchase Scheme (ESPS).
- Networth: Rs.16463 Cr (Rs.16075 Cr PY)
- Book value per share: Rs.334.93 (Rs.334.68 PY)
- Pan India presence with 9791 touch points comprising 2872 domestic branches. 3885 ATM/BNAs and 3034 BCs
- Sponsor of 3 Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) in the State of Tamil Nadu & Andhra Pradesh and Union Territory of Puducherry – 933 Branches with Business of Rs.36,293 Cr.
- ‘Best Bank 2017-18’ under Nationalised Bank category-Finanacial Express
- Voted as a ‘Trusted Bank’ in the Nationalised Banks Category April 2019 – Readers Digest
- 2nd Runner-up in Mid-Size Bank Category at Magna Awards 2019 for Best Banks-Business Word
- First among PSBs for Excellence in performance under “SHG Bank Linkage Programme” in Tamil Nadu for FY 2018-19-NABARD