International Women’s Day –A Unique way to Celebrate!
The event started with the ‘Thamizh Thaai vaazhthu’, the Anthem of Tamil Nadu.
TNWAA – Tamil Nadu Women Achievers Awards, with the motto, ‘Felicitate, Inspire, Empower’ celebrates the spirit of women in Tamil Nadu. It felicitates the exceptional and admirable women in the State who have not only achieved success in their respective fields but have made a significant difference in their communities and society as a whole.
The categories of awards for this year are Women in Public Services, Social Services, Academics, Media & EnteEainment, Legal Services, Sports, Arts & Culture, Literature, Lifestyle, Business, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, Science and Technology.
“We aim to provide an opportunity for women to interact with the peers for career guidance or business expansion or any social cause to reinforce women empowerment through our networking platform”, said, Aditya Paluri, Director/ CEO, The Brand Republic. The idea is to create an online platform for women to build potential from all corners of the country through collaboration.
Award Winners We have also conducted Medallion Contest with theme called “Aval” and digitally reached lakhs of students in Tamil Nadu who have overwhelmingly participated in the contest. We are also encouraging them with a prize worth of Rs. 50,000/- to the winner in each categor
- Woman in Social services – Dr. Renuka Ramakrishnan
2. Woman in Special services – I.S. Yasmin
3. Woman in Sports – Dr. P. Anitha
4. Woman in Media & Entertainment – Mrs. Sreeja Ravi
5. Woman in Inspiration – Vasanthy Nair
6. Woman in Entrepreneurship – Ms. I. Priyadarshini
7. Woman in Lifestyle – Ms. Kamakshi Venkatraman
8. Woman in Literature – Ms. Manushi
9. Woman in Business – Ms. Uma Maheshwari
10. Woman in Arts & Culture – Ms. Ponni Karuppasamy (TransWoman)
11. Woman in Leadership – Ms. Chandrakala
12. Woman in Science & Technology – Dr.P.N.Sudha
13. Woman in Legal Services – Ms. Sneha Parthibaraj
14. Woman in Academics – Dr. N.Akila
15. Woman in Agriculture – Tmt. Paapammal
Recognizing the power of women empowerment will help the women across generations become more prosperous and sustainable.
TNWAA will go from strength to strength since its humble beginning and will try to connect all the professional women from various industries and capacities on the networking platform.
Besides honoring the awardees, a couple of cultural activities were also arranged. Young, enthusiastic, enterprising and vibrant talents were given an opportunity to showcase their skills on the stage in various aspects of art! Kids who came up on stage to display their capabilities and capacities stole the show on stage by their unique talents galore!